Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking
Mount Kilimanjaro trekking has six roots to the top of it – the roof of Africa. The mountain is located in Kilimanjaro Region in Tanzania. Raised as the result of volcano action, the mountain has the height of about 5,895 meters. Its crown is capped by snow and frequently fringed by clouds. Mt Kilimanjaro is one of Africa’s classic structures which attract number of tourists across nations globally.
At the height of 19,344 feet, Mt. Kilimanjaro it is the highest mountains in Africa and the highest summit in the world that can be reached by walking and overhand climbing. This gives travellers the mind-blowing experience. Deciding to trek Mount Kilimanjaro, you will make your travel to Tanzania a pleasing experience ever expect to see it again in life.
GVTS guides and porters will lead amazing high-quality service as you will be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Apart from just climbing the mountain, with us expect to go on a wildlife safari and enjoy a beach vacation on the paradise island Zanzibar. GVTS operations office is located at Arusha and Kilimanjaro, so we will be always in full command for your hiking and safari adventures.
Mountain Kilimanjaro is a free standing mountain in the world. The mount is a dormant volcano mountain but not an extinct one. Ominous grumbles can sometimes be heard – and volcanic gases emerge from fume holes at the crater. Although just three degrees south of the Equator, the temperature being higher because of the geographical location, the peaks of the mountain have caps of snow and ice coverage all the year round. As Kilimanjaro Mountain possesses different environmental zone, climbers will normally pass from a tropical to an attic environment in just a few days. Being among climbers, you will pass through lush rain-forest before reaching heather and open moorland where giant lobelia and huge, cactus – like plants grow. The two peaks of the mountain, KIBO and Mawenzi are separated by lunar landscape, the saddle that stretches between the two ends. The highest point on Kibo, and indeed the whole of Africa, is Uhuru Peak, with spectacular glaciers and stupendous views of the plains, five kilometers below. One of the main reasons people travel to Tanzania just to experience these unique features. The pinnacle – shaped peak of Mawenzi are for mountaineers only.
With the help of porters and a guide, it is possible to walk all the way to the summit of Kibo without holding specialized mountaineering equipment – or experience – and Kilimanjaro can be captured by any reasonably fit person. The whole climb normally takes five or six days depending on the route chosen and involves four or five overnights stays in mountain huts or tents.
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking Routes
You will be able to climb Kilimanjaro through different routes as shown below:
- Lemosho route: It is the longest route to climb Kilimanjaro and considerably the beautiful routes with the best scenic views.
- Machame route: The route with best summit rates. It is among well-known routes on Kilimanjaro treks.
- Marangu route: This route is called as Coca-cola route and it is the only route which offers permanent huts as accommodation.
- Rongai route: It climbs from the north-eastern side of the mountain and has the unspoilt wilderness.
- Umbwe Route: The Umbwe route is the most reputable challenging route of Mount Kilimanjaro trekking. Due to the fast ascent to high altitude right from the beginning of mountain, this route does not provide the necessary stages for clear acclimatization.
- Northern Circuit: This Northern Circuit is the newest longest route on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is well-known for its excellent acclimatization and breathtaking views of the Kilimanjaro northern slopes